Sunday, June 17, 2007

Thank God for Fathers


Today is Fathers Day and our oldest daughter Tabby (that's her on the right, she is a shining light!) and her husband Gerald came to visit. The wonderful thing about today was that she surprised her Dad! She didn't tell him she was coming. My husband is a pastor, and I am on the praise team at church. He comes and stands beside me and joins me in song each Sunday when he's able to through out the service.

Tabby had called me previous to her coming and let me know that she and Gerald would be coming to surprise Dad, and of course she swore me to secrecy! I kept looking for their arrival with anticipated glee for Bruce, and the joy that glee would bring her. They were running late because they missed an exit on there way in. However they did make it just before the service started. :) I see them and Bruce does not, I greet them both with joy and hugs and rush back up to my place on the stage.

Anyway, I am standing on the stage with the praise team, and Bruce comes and stands next to me. We are singing and praising God. Tabby and I are waiting for her Dad to notice that she is there. Then Bruce, as he is standing there with me scanning the congregation, he spots his daughter, and I see the smile come across his face, and the small tears well up in his eyes. How wonderful it is to see your child standing there looking at you with love so big it can be felt. Bruce whispers in my ear "Tabitha is here to surprise me on Father's Day!" We look at one another and smile. This moment was particularly sweet for him, and of course for me.

After church, we go to lunch, and she reminisced on many of the sweet things he did for her growing up. He is all smiles, thrilled that the little things really were the big things that she remembers to this day. Oh, how special the love between father and daughter.

I give such thanks to you God for the way you have joined our family together!

Blessings to all dads out there, you really do make a HUGE difference in the lives of your daughters. Thanks for all that you do to bring them up to be lovers of the Lord.

Kathryn

No comments:

Life Purpose Coaching with Kathryn Bonner

This is the blog of Kathryn Bonner - Speaker/

Success Coach/Author of "Confessions of a Pastor's Wife" & the CD of "In The Potter's Hands" a guided Biblical Meditation. http://www.kathrynbonner.com/ and http://www.awakeningslifecoaching.com/