Thursday, March 27, 2008

ALL THINGS Q - QUESTIONS JESUS ASKED

Jesus asked in Matthew 14:31
"O you of little faith, why did you doubt?"

I am a Life Purpose Coach and I know the power of encouragement and powerful questions. These are just two of the things I do as your life coach, enabling you to awaken to your God-given dreams.
I know that often the fear of the call, or the fear of the BIGNESS of the call from God can keep one from living the fulfilled and meaningful life that God has for you. Many focus completely on the fear of it rather than the exhilaration of doing it.

Let's take a close look at this story of Peter walking on the water. He was the one and only disciple who stepped into the call. The rest of the disciples stayed in the boat, not budging, or getting up, but stayed steeped in their fear.

We all know and love this story of Peter, when he sees Jesus walking on the water toward him and along with all of the other disciples in the boat he is scared! He sort of starts freaking out, thinking he must be seeing a ghost! Naturally Jesus wants to calm Peter's fears, and reassures him of who He is, and tells Peter not to be afraid. Peter needs more proof and says to Jesus, "if it's really you, then command me - call me to come to you on the water." So, Jesus obliges Peter and "calls for him to come."

Peter begins the trek, actually walking on water, just like Jesus! He's doing it, going for it! Then the Scripture tells us that he took his eyes off of Jesus, looking and then focusing in on the fierce winds, becoming very afraid of the storm. The most significant part of this story is that Peter takes his eyes off of Jesus, and that is when Peter began to go down. There is a big question for us to answer for ourselves here, and something for me to point out to you as I believe it effects each of us in our daily living, effects so much of our lives in an adverse way that it bears posing this question to you.

What happens to your God-given dreams when you focus on the fear (take your eyes off of Christ, the one who calls you) rather than the possibilities of faithfully walking with Christ? I really want you to think about what dream it is that you have within yourself for a moment. He places the holy call within you, you know that don't you? Is your calling from the Lord one that you are not facing because of fear around it?

Ponder these questions deeply that Jesus asked Peter, and apply them to yourself:
  1. "Where is your faith?
  2. And why do you doubt?"
Really take a moment to ask yourself these two questions individually, and answer them honestly. Are you ready for a life change? Are you ready for a life coach in your life? I hired a life coach to propel me into the writing of my first book, and I keep a coach in my life. I am now writing books 2 and 3, and my life coach asks me powerful questions, causes me to choose the life God has for me! Think about what you know you are supposed to be doing with your life. Are you standing in your faith, or your doubt (fear)? Check out my two websites: http://www.kathrynbonner.com/ and http://www.awakeningslifecoaching.com/
Ponder these questions, pray about it, maybe it's time you began FAITH WALKING with a life coach. You won't regret it! Live fully into your God-give purpose, be passionate with your life!

What areas of your life (and there may be many) are you not stepping out of the boat because of self doubt or fear? Do you not trust God? If not, why not? He wants you to place your faith in Him, not yourself. Contemplate this, and get to the place where Peter was, ask the Lord to re-connect with you on a deeper level, reach out and grab His hand just as Peter did, allowing Him to be there with you, to pull you along... Live into the amazing possibilities! Why doubt the call He has upon your life, you know He has placed it there and believes in you! He would not have called you to it otherwise.

Here's to faithful living and fulfillment in Christ who calls you!

Kathryn

I am a life coach who loves to see you discover your purpose and live your passion!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kathryn, for being my life coach. I admit I have fears and your questions and words really do help me work thru them. Thank you for your joy, encouragement, love, tenacity, prayers, and wisdom. your student,SUE DYE

Kathryn Bonner said...

Sue,
You are most welcome! It is my joy, and you are always ready to grab hold of the vision that our Lord has placed upon your life! You are going for it!! Keep reaching out for the hand of Christ as you always do!
Praying with and for you!
Kathryn

Life Purpose Coaching with Kathryn Bonner

This is the blog of Kathryn Bonner - Speaker/

Success Coach/Author of "Confessions of a Pastor's Wife" & the CD of "In The Potter's Hands" a guided Biblical Meditation. http://www.kathrynbonner.com/ and http://www.awakeningslifecoaching.com/