Tuesday, April 1, 2008

ALL THINGS Q! QUOUGHTS- Powerful Questions That Provoke Thought... When was the last time that you were on a hunt for God?


WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WENT ON A "GOD HUNT"? The other question would be, Have you ever been on a "GOD HUNT"?
But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul. Deuteronomy 4:29
I am in the midst of doing a Group Coaching Tele-class Study with a group of women, from all over North America! Two of the women are from New Mexico, four of them are from Toronto, one is from Brampton, one from Edmonton, one from Australia, one from Vancouver and I am from Texas.
The one thing that we all have in common is the fact that we are all Christian women. In this coaching study we are learning from the wonderful book "Character Makeover" co-authored by Katie Brazelton (who is the owner & founder of LPCCI - Life Purpose Coaching Centers International, of which I am a Certifired Life Purpose Coach) and Shelley Leith.
The action step that I took on for this week was: "I will hunt for God." I will go on a daily God Hunt, journaling where I see Him show up in my day; the things I see in nature, the interruptions, the serendipities, the detours, the provisions, the difficulties, the connections with people, and/or the answers to prayer. I will share with at least one person something I saw on my daily God Hunt."
I am really looking forward to this. I feel like I am usually very aware of the way that God is showing up in my daily life. It will be really wonderful, and assuring for me to write it out. I pray that you will take the time to HUNT FOR GOD in your dailiness. Think about the way that He has instructed you, or kept you out of a mess, or revealed something to you in a particular way in which you know without a doubt He is speaking to you. It might be through the still quiet whispers, or the cry of a baby that you see God, or hear Him. It might be through an amazing undeniable Holy Spirit connection, divinely appointed by our Lord.
When was the last time that you were on a "GOD HUNT?" Why don't you try journaling about your experiences of this for a week. Take the time to get your eyes off of yourself, and on His majesty. Begin the praising of Him now and always.
He loves you so...
I'm headed out on my GOD HUNT... I will be reporting on what I have seen!
Expectantly...
Kathryn

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Me oh My. I read this blog on April 1st and here it is April 15. I may be on a HUNT FOR GOD but there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I could journal it all. Yesterday a new Christian called me excitedly with a short rap,"God is Great! He gives us chocolate cake!" Then the weather is so inviting to be out listening to the birds, feel the breeze blow thru my hair, see wild flowers everywhere and enjoy God's creation. This week I get to go see a dear friend I haven't seen in a year. These are just a HANDFUL of God's blessings He has left for me to enjoy! I am like a child skipping along watching and waiting to see what HANDFUL OF BLESSING God will leave for me each day. until next time.....Sue Dye

Kathryn Bonner said...

Sue,
You are SO precious! Your joy is one of those beautiful God things that render a smile on my face each time I hear your voice! You are one of the things I praise Him for! Thank you for leaving your comment on my blog and blessing me.
Love,
Kathryn

Anonymous said...

Kathryn,
I am still on the HUNT For GOD!! One day I forgot and dropped into a small depression. When I realized what was happening, I just praised God knowing He would get me out of it. The next day I was determined to be grateful. So after that heart change I started being able to see and hear God again. Thank you for encouraging all of us readers to say as you did, "I WILL HUNT FOR GOD." Now I know after my blue monday(it was a Mon!) I know its MY RESOLVE that will make the difference.
Sue Dye

Kathryn Bonner said...

Dear Sweet Sue,

I know that all of us can relate to exactly what you have gone through, each and every one of us, even the cherriest of folks drop into those depressions. I have found that even in those times we tend to draw closer to Him because we NEED Him. So even those times are never wasted. My prayers are with you...

We continue the daily hunt... I have just seen Him in you and your truth and authenticity!

You are a blessing to me Sue! :)
Love to you,
Kathyn

Anonymous said...

Kathryn,
Good morning. I woke this morning up really early and tried to go back to sleep, but I guess God had a different idea. This is where I can understand "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak". My body wanted to go back to sleep, but my mind kept thinking of lots of wonderful new things I had never thought of before. When I finally got up I felt that God was on a HUNT FOR SUE. I felt like a dry sponge soaking up water in a gentle rain.
Thank you so much for all the good things you have poured into my life(and hopefully I have soaked up), Kathryn. I love you and am asking God to bless you today!!!!!!!!
Sue Dye

Melanie said...

Kathryn, I think all too often we tend to make things so complicated and live such busy lives that we miss out on these simple pleasures. I love the idea of taking time to journal these simple pleasures. Thanks for sharing! It's something that I can get my girls in the habbit of doing even early on. So what if they can't write yet, they sure do love to color! :) Thanks for the great idea!

Kathryn Bonner said...

Hey Melanie :)
I love that idea of having your girls color their "God Hunt"... You will have to post what they color on your blog, I look forward to seeing what they create and how they have found our LORD! I love you dearly my sweet friend and I know that your life is going to begin getting closer to normal soon with your sweet little boy Cash growing each week, and month. Savor this time with him, another way you find God...
Love you,
Kathryn

Melanie said...

Hi Kathryn!
This is me Melanie Butler!
Hi! I haven't talked to you in a while.... So how have you been?

Life Purpose Coaching with Kathryn Bonner

This is the blog of Kathryn Bonner - Speaker/

Success Coach/Author of "Confessions of a Pastor's Wife" & the CD of "In The Potter's Hands" a guided Biblical Meditation. http://www.kathrynbonner.com/ and http://www.awakeningslifecoaching.com/