Sunday, March 9, 2008

ALL THINGS Q!! - Quote For The Day

QUOTE FOR THE DAY...

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."

Dr. Seuss


I love Dr. Seuss!! I think most people love Dr. Seuss too.




What are some of the things you might be missing out on? Where can you be smiling when you haven't been? Let us always take the opportunity when we can and where warranted to "smile because it happened."


I remember at my very first "conversational" book signing at Barnes and Noble Bookstore I was reflecting at the end of it, critiquing myself. I was not completely satisfied with the way I did everything, I didn't speak loud enough, I forgot to talk on something that was indeed part of my heart and wanted the audience to hear and know.

My husband (my wonderful husband) reminded me of how amazing it is to even be a published author, and how astounding it is to even have a book signing! He reminded me to take the time to relish in the moment, to stand in awe of it, to love it, and to give thanks to God for it, because after all, it isn't about me, it's about God! He gave this gift to me. Therefore, I was able to take the mistakes I'd made, learn from them and do things differently the next time. All the while rejoicing in it and "smiling because it even happened!" It is miraculous that I am blessed to be able to do this at all! Had my husband not pointed that out to me I would have missed the amazement of it all, the joy that comes from meeting all of the different people that come to the book signings, and how much each of them enjoyed it, how people were truly touched, it was evident through the tears that were seen streaming down their faces, the laughter shared, the similarities that many of us shared in our life experiences, the beautiful in depth conversations we have! The smiles we all share together. Sharing Christ, the most beautiful part!


So... Let's all make a deal-- let's not be overly critical of ourselves, because when that's the case we miss the grandness of God and His majesty that He blesses us with each day! :) SMILE! SOAK IT IN, BATHE IN IT! :)


Let's embrace the God-given moments in our lives more and more each day. Remember that we "stand in the place of choice" and make the choice to enjoy this INCREDIBLE life!!


So let's take the advice of Dr. Seuss... Smile when you can... I am!!

With Joy,
Kathryn

http://www.kathrynbonner.com/


http://www.awakeningslifecoaching.com/

8 comments:

Jo Ann Fore said...

What an awesome reminder. Quite timely actually. Thanks for sharing.

What a blessing you are in the midst of -- try to relax and enjoy :)

Blessings,
Jo Ann

Anonymous said...

Hi pastor Kathryn! It is good to see you carrying this torch. Keep your candle burning. Happy Easter.

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter!
It is great to have your torch burning.

Anonymous said...

I love you very much and I am so very proud of you. You are a wonderful Mother, Coach and Mentor! I couldn't have asked for better guidance in my life.
I love you.!!

Kellie Ann

Kathryn Bonner said...

Thank you Jo Ann for responding to my blog, you have blessed me!
With Joy,
Kathryn

Kathryn Bonner said...

Hi my sweet Kellie Ann!
I love it that you are reading my blog... can you believe that your mom has a blog (haha!) God is good! You my sweet daughter are growing in Christ each day, how proud I am of you! You make me smile from ear to ear.
Love you tons Kellie Ann!
Mom

Anonymous said...

My son and I love Dr. Seuss. We read him so often that I'm beginning to speak in rhyme! Now, later... All the time! Join me, Join me if you may. Come and rhyme words with us all day! (grin)

One of the greatest joys Christ gives us is that "Jesus Joy" that only He can provide: the ability to smile even in the midst of turmoil, tragedy, and trial. Circumstances are only a part of our lives, and you are so good to remind us!

Thank you for your wonderful ministry. Your words and your heart are a blessing. Shine on!

Your sister in Christ,
Kristen Merkett

Oh wait-not yet!
I must tell you before I forget.
It's so good to find you on the net.
You and God remind me not to fret.

Silly Seuss & Happiness,
~Kristen

Kathryn Bonner said...

Kristen!
What wonderful love & joy you bring!

To that whimsey we all will cling!

I know your son must make you sing!

YES I will gladly join you in the praise you bring!

Thank you Kristen for the post and the joy ring!

Kathryn

Life Purpose Coaching with Kathryn Bonner

This is the blog of Kathryn Bonner - Speaker/

Success Coach/Author of "Confessions of a Pastor's Wife" & the CD of "In The Potter's Hands" a guided Biblical Meditation. http://www.kathrynbonner.com/ and http://www.awakeningslifecoaching.com/