Tuesday, March 15, 2011

LISTEN - God hears the cries of our blood...

"The LORD said, "What have you done? Listen! Your brother's blood cries out to me from the ground." Genesis 4:10

If this is your first time visiting my blog, let me share with you that many times I do my own studies as God directs me... He will drop a single word into my Spirit and I will then begin to do a study of the Scriptures revolving around that one word.

For this season of Lent, He has given me the word LISTEN. I will be posting some of my personal studies here. Many will remain in my personal journal, others I will post here...

Thank you for walking this Lenten journey with me, my prayers rising for you now...

In the passage above I find something beautiful in this Scripture, in my prior readings of it I only saw the heinous crime Cain committed against his brother Abel. I know that sounds strange to be able to find something beautiful in the midst of something so awful, but I have.

I searched in commentaries around this verse and strangely the beauty that I have discovered in this verse seems to be pretty much skipped over... Hard to believe that what is so profound here seems to go unnoticed, well maybe not, since I seem to have skipped over it many many times before myself. My view on this verse has been "pointed to the word LISTEN" this time, so this is what has actually caused me to see this after missing it so many times before.

Yes, we know that Cain has killed his brother, we know about how awful his temper and jealousy is. How we should never allow our rage to become so uncontrollable that we commit crimes against our fellow human beings. These are the things I've always gleaned from this in the past.

However, with this new perspective, what is being revealed to me is that when there are crimes committed our blood literally cries out to God! Our blood cries? Wow! Not only does our blood cry out to God, but God hears the cries!

I have never lost anyone to a crime; however my mother has been a victim to a heinous crime. She lived to tell about it and report it. Now, I cannot help but recognize the beauty, that when someone has been injured, harmed, or taken out of this life,
our Lord HEARS the cries of the blood! Not only that, but He speaks to the criminal. He asks them what they have done and they too hear God speaking to them! They dialog with the God of the universe regarding what they have done. God of course already knows. God knows! God also provides consequences to their actions.

I know that our God is just and righteous in all of His decisions. Cain is removed from paradise, removed from the glorious place in which he was able to truly enjoy the land the beauty and all that God had provided. I can trust that He is handling everything. I can trust knowing that He knows all, sees all, and deals justly with all.

The voice of Abel came flooding into God's ears! AND, God did not ignore his cries. God hears the cries of blood, the cries of those who are no longer with us here physically, we can find a holy comfort in this. Just knowing that He hears the cries makes comforts me. Somehow, I know that the victim's families can find peace in His hearing also.

Let us take comfort and remember that our God listens and hears.

What is the cry of your heart today? What is it that you need Him to hear? Speak it to Him... let your voice be heard, He cares about you.
Amen.

Life Purpose Coaching with Kathryn Bonner

This is the blog of Kathryn Bonner - Speaker/

Success Coach/Author of "Confessions of a Pastor's Wife" & the CD of "In The Potter's Hands" a guided Biblical Meditation. http://www.kathrynbonner.com/ and http://www.awakeningslifecoaching.com/