Thursday, November 1, 2007

Trick or Treat!!?? I look pretty scary!!


Halloween has always been fun for me! Here I am looking pretty scary! I'm all hunched over like the hunch back, and wearing my beautiful smile with my big ol' rotten BillyBob Teeth!! Very Very Scary!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last few years though it just hasn't been the same since Bruce and I have become empty nester's. It seems like over the last four years or so there haven't been very many trick or treater's coming around either. I know that a lot of that is because of the fact that you "can't trust" people like you used to be able to. However, last night we had tons of kiddos coming out! It was so much fun!

Each year we loved getting our two daughters all dressed up for Halloween! They loved it too! It really is some of the best memories we hold onto! I would always get dressed up with them. Many times there would be several events to go to during that week. At the girls school, at the church and then trick or treating in the neighborhood. So the girls would switch into each other's costumes on the different days for the different events! Even though they were 2 years and 8 months apart, they were close to the same size, which made it easy for them to share clothing.

They would dress up as a witch, a princess, a rabbit coming out of a hat, Sheera Princess of power, a ghost, and angel, a moo cow with utters, oh, the list goes on and on! I would dress up as Marge Simpson with the big blue hair, a unicorn, mini-mouse, a flapper girl...

Last night was funny! My picture above tells it all! I was a "House Wife Gone Bad, VERY bad!" I took it on in full character too, I slumped my body over like the hunch back, and had my hair in rollers, and Bruce (my wonderful husband) got me some of those hideous BillyBob teeth to wear and WA LA! I was transformed in the this beauty you see here!

Anyway, the kiddos that came loved it, some of the little bitty ones didn't love it, and their parents just Hee Hawed with laughter! It was fun, but still not the same without our daughters. Oh how I love you Tabby and Kellie!

Once a mom, ALWAYS a mom! Missin' my girlies.
This post is in honor of you two! :)
Love you,
Mom

2 comments:

Melanie said...

This is awesome! Even after seeing it for the second time I am laughing all by myself hysterically (i'm sure you can hear my laugh in your head)!

I still think Bruce needs to blow this up and set it on his bedside night stand! Too funny! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kathryn,

What a GREAT costume for Halloween! Who would have thought that teeth could make all the difference!! :)

Kati

Life Purpose Coaching with Kathryn Bonner

This is the blog of Kathryn Bonner - Speaker/

Success Coach/Author of "Confessions of a Pastor's Wife" & the CD of "In The Potter's Hands" a guided Biblical Meditation. http://www.kathrynbonner.com/ and http://www.awakeningslifecoaching.com/