Wednesday, January 19, 2011

SET A GAURD OVER MY MOUTH, O LORD, KEEP WATCH OVER THE DOOR OF MY LIPS Psalm 141:3

I love this Scripture! In my study of "DOORS" in the Scriptures, this one has moved me. I never noticed this Scripture, not really anyway... although I have read the Psalms over and over again...

I can envision the actual sacred and protective guard that the LORD would provide me. They look heavenly and have loving eyes - eyes that smile at me with joy and cheer me on as I speak love - as I speak truth. They flutter about me playfully and enjoy me as I am in the WORD.

They bring me an extraordinary depth of wisdom. All they do is deeper and fuller - weather it be laughing or revealing wisdom or discipline, they do so in extremes.

Lord I give you thanks for the guard that you assign to the doors of my lips! Lord let me be always aware of their presence, aware of the way the come to guard me - aware of how they are here for my good, for my protection. Let me heed their warnings. I thank you for providing doors over my lips and for the way they guard those doors!

Let them have full charge in knowing when to shut the doors and when to allow them to swing wide open!

O LORD, your doors to my heart and lips are amazing! Shut them tight should what my lips want to say not be honoring to you. Let me always glorify you and bring you honor and praise with the words that come and flow out of my lips. Swing WIDE the doors of my lips as I sing songs of praise and worship, as I lift up my fellow brothers and sisters on the journey. Let me speak words of truth, love, direction to my coaching clients.

Let me speak, hear, and communicate only your thoughts. Let me stay so connected to you Father that I never speak anything that is not of you!

Lord and I ask that I be connected in a lovely and sacred way to my guards in which you provide me. Let me love this guard and surrender to Lady Wisdom. Let me know my guard and appreciate her, because she ONLY has the VERY BEST INTENTION for me. Only wants to see me succeed. Lady Wisdom, is what I will call her... Thank you God! I name her this because I want to be a truly lady in all that I do, lovely in gentleness, lovely in kindness, lovely in self-control, lovely in peace making, lovely in gentleness, lovely in forgiveness, lovely in love, lovely in patience, lovely in goodness and lovely in joy!

AND because of the guard you provide me with, and the amazing amount of Wisdom she will bring me in all aspects of my life I give thanks!

I am praising you my God and King for all of your provision! You think of EVERYTHING, and always take care of all our needs!

Doors, Guards, & Lips,
Kathryn

2 comments:

popsiclesontheporch said...

This is one of my favorite scriptures! I love the picture on your post....what a great visual!

"Let me love this guard for she only has the best intention for me... and Swing WIDE the doors of my lips as I sing songs of praise and worship, as I lift up my fellow brothers and sisters" ~ I love this! Thank you for sharing and adding this beautiful visual! I love how God continuously reveals Himself through his word and through the body! Love you so much!
Mel

Kathryn Bonner said...

Thank you Mel! Yes, I too love the way that God reveals Himself!! He is amazing!
Love you to my sweet friend! SO MUCH! ~ Kathryn

Life Purpose Coaching with Kathryn Bonner

This is the blog of Kathryn Bonner - Speaker/

Success Coach/Author of "Confessions of a Pastor's Wife" & the CD of "In The Potter's Hands" a guided Biblical Meditation. http://www.kathrynbonner.com/ and http://www.awakeningslifecoaching.com/