Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I would not have known Him...

...I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on Him. I would not have known Him, except that The One who sent me to baptize with water told me, “The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is He who will baptize with the Holy Spirit. I have seen and I testify that this is the Son of God.
John 1:32-34

We serve such an amazing God! I am always astounded by His love and grace. This morning in my time with Him I had love-tears literally flowing down my face. In reading the entire 1st chapter of John, where it says in verse 33 "I would not have known Him..." That verse literally GRABBED HOLD OF ME! I thought what if I'd never known Him?!

O my LORD, how would my life be different if I have not known you? O my LORD how my life is so renewed because of your love, Your Spirit. Both of which live and have their home, within me! My LORD you have been so amazingly generous to place SO MUCH of Yourself within me, within each of us. Therefore, connecting us one to another so deeply. O my God, my Redeemer, my Safeplace, my Every Breath. As I write this I have love-tears pouring out in thanksgiving. I know that I am unworthy.

I at the age of fourteen I fully accepted your love, your utmost Highest gift – YOUR Gift of the Holy Spirit. I felt it land on me! I felt Your amazing power residing within so that there would never ever be a way that I could deny your existence! It was grace to a girl who needed grace. It was grace to a girl who did not fully understand how much grace she would need in the latter years to come. I strayed far away from you, not realizing the gift I had been given. How could I have known at such a tender age?

Oh, and how I know of the gift NOW! How I know it now! LORD, my KING, your love abounds beyond all I can perceive, and yet I experience it within me, just as powerfully as it was at the age of fourteen, even stronger now. My life unsure of so much, yet certain. You bring that certainty in which we all need. You bring the peace. You bring the wellbeing. You bring the love. You bring the grace. All of this, priceless and yet free!

I pray that as we all stumble into this season of Lent that we grow in your grace and love, and that our love-tears stream with a new knowing of your amazing love.

He is the One who baptizes us in the Holy Spirit, allowing it to “land within us” just as John saw happen to Jesus! Amazing! Miraculous!

I am gratified that I know you.

Yours,
Kathryn

2 comments:

Mrs. Marie Butler said...

Hi Kathryn...this is awesome...very inspriational..

Kathryn Bonner said...

Hey Marie!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and visiting! I will have to visit your blog again, it's fun isn't it!? You are inspirational to me and I am blessed to have you in my life!
Love you much, God's peace to you,
Kathryn

Life Purpose Coaching with Kathryn Bonner

This is the blog of Kathryn Bonner - Speaker/

Success Coach/Author of "Confessions of a Pastor's Wife" & the CD of "In The Potter's Hands" a guided Biblical Meditation. http://www.kathrynbonner.com/ and http://www.awakeningslifecoaching.com/