Saturday, October 6, 2007

Our Daughter Kellie Ann Is Married!


It has been a while since I have posted on my blog! Not because I haven't wanted to, but because I have been so busy with work, church, my book, and ALL of the MANY details of our daughter Kellie Ann's wedding. Above is a picture of where she was married. You may find this rather comical, but the people in the photo are not my daughter and son-in-law! However, the photo is where she was married. At this point I do not have any photo's of them yet. The photographer won't have photo's to us for several weeks. I am ready for them NOW :) There fore I simply went to the website where they were married and borrowed a photo :) When I have actual photos I will upload them and share them.

It was a beautiful wedding, and we truly do love our son-in-law. What a blessing that is for us. We know that Chase will take such great care of Kellie Ann, that gives parents such peace. Chase and Kellie Ann have committed their marriage to Christ and that is HUGE! It's the best way to begin the biggest commitment of your life. We are proud of both of them, in so many ways. I give thanks unto our Lord God for uniting them in Holy Matrimony!

My husband (Kellie Ann's dad) married them and said so many profound things during the ceremony as he spoke to them and to the congregation. One of the things that struck me that he said was that "He watched Chase from the window as he opened up the car door for her, and picked up the tree branches from the front yard (we'd had a heavy storm that broke some of the branches from the trees). He said that when I saw him do those two things, not knowing that Bruce was watching him from the upstairs window, that he knew Chase would be a good provider, and that he was a hard worker, and that he took pride in things.

All of that is very true of Chase. He also talked about the patience that he exhibited with Kellie Ann, and how he taught her more about finances, and how he had bought her a puppy for Christmas several years back. We are blessed!

We have turned a corner of sorts, now that both of our daughters are married to wonderful guys. We are now through "raising" them, and will be in prayer for them until the day of our death, and until then, we can now be "friends" together. There is something truly glorious about this! Something to celebrate! They made it, they are full fledged adults! Wow, it's truly amazing, truly wonderful!

I pray that the Lord blesses both of you with abundance, joy, laughter, love, grace, forgiveness!

Kathryn

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I can't imagine all that you and Bruce must have felt on that special day! Congratulations again! ;) I love the picture...absolutely beautiful!

Life Purpose Coaching with Kathryn Bonner

This is the blog of Kathryn Bonner - Speaker/

Success Coach/Author of "Confessions of a Pastor's Wife" & the CD of "In The Potter's Hands" a guided Biblical Meditation. http://www.kathrynbonner.com/ and http://www.awakeningslifecoaching.com/